Aerospace FM Nigeria
Aerospace And STEM Education at its best
About Aerospace FM Nigeria
This is the Radio Arm of "Aerospace Palace International, Nigeria", designed to:
(1) Inspire an interest in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) subjects and in STEM careers among young people;
(2) Provide an educational opportunity for students, teachers and the general public to learn about space exploration, space technologies and satellite communications;
(3) Provide an educational opportunity for students, teachers and the general public to learn about wireless technology and radio science through Amateur Radio
(4) Provide an opportunity for Amateur Radio experimentation and evaluation of new technologies.
(5) Provide a contingency communications system for NASA and the ISS crew.
(6) Provide crew with another means to directly interact with a larger community outside the ISS, including friends and family.
Our mission is to stimulate a lasting interest in the STEM disciplines, with the goal of encouraging students to pursue careers in these fields. This is accomplished by actively involving students in the support of authentic research currently being conducted on the International Space Station (ISS) or in a NASA ground-based laboratory.
Through collaboration with NASA and NASA sponsored researchers, we create an educational mini-curriculum for the high school or middle school classroom that engages students as research assistants, providing data for the Principal Investigator, (PI). Currently, we have a collaborative relationship with several NASA or NASA supported researchers. The program is delivered and managed via our Website (www.aviationpalace.space), each teacher being assigned a password protected page for management and program delivery.